No Direction

No Direction is our 70ft Narrowboat which is now home to my wife Jayne and myself, it was launched on 4th February 2008.

We spend the Winters in a Marina and cruise in the warmer weather.

Thursday 6 December 2012

Bicycle Repairman.


Thursday, 6th December 2012.
Kings Bromley Marina.

Although I would never claim to come anywhere near the mechanical ability of the Monty Python character played by Michael Palin, I do like to keep my mountain bike in good order.

As I do most of my cycling in the winter while we're moored in the marina the transmission and brakes take a lot of punishment due to the mud and water around, even with regular cleaning and lubrication every couple of years replacement sprockets, chain and brake pads are needed.

Parts ordered from Wiggle on Monday arrived yesterday, two days, amazingly fast service, I won't be fitting them until hopefully the weather dries up a bit, and even then feeling guilty about getting the nice new bits covered in muck.


Note the small packet of sweets, now that's real customer care.
 
This little lot cost twice as much as I paid for my first Motorcycle when I was sixteen, but that was a very long time ago !!

No comments: