No Direction

No Direction is our 70ft Narrowboat which is now home to my wife Jayne and myself, it was launched on 4th February 2008.

We spend the Winters in a Marina and cruise in the warmer weather.

Saturday 22 September 2012

Where Have The Volunteers Gone.

Friday 21st September 2012.
Moored at Braunston.

Since we left the Marina towards the end of August we have not seen one Volunteer Lock Keeper, last year and earlier this year we saw plenty.

We've come up the Wolverhampton 21, down Lapworth and Hatton flight's and up Stockton and not seen one Volunteer at any of them, I know a lot of boaters don't like other people working the locks but we've found them useful on the Buckby Locks with those heavy gates.

I walked up the Braunston locks yesterday and found a CRT Volunteer with a little information display by the the Admiral Nelson pub, I don't think he was a Chugger as he didn't chase after me.

Perhaps the Volunteers will be out at the weekend, we're going up the  Braunston Locks tomorrow so we'll see, I hope they haven't all got fed up and left. 

No comments: