No Direction

No Direction is our 70ft Narrowboat which is now home to my wife Jayne and myself, it was launched on 4th February 2008.

We spend the Winters in a Marina and cruise in the warmer weather.

Thursday 13 September 2012

City Centre Mooring.

Wednesday 12th September 2012.
Moored in Birmingham.

On Wednesday morning we moved the boat from the half mooring we had on Tuesday night to  Brindley Place Moorings, a space had become vacant just inside the Oozells street loop, very few people walk past these moorings as it doesn't really lead anywhere, so it's quieter, although the noisiest thing we've heard moored in Birmingham is people talking (more like shouting) on mobile phones.

As I reversed onto the new mooring Paul Balmer was waiting to hand me one of his "Waterway Routes" leaflets, I think he was impressed that I knew he would be around, I had just read Sue,s blog so knew they had shared the Hatton flight and he was carrying on.

View from the side doors this morning looking out of the
Oozells street loop towards the N.I.A.
 
Early on Wednesday evening Jayne disappeared to meet a friend in the Pitcher and Piano for a meal, they returned later to say that the cost of a pint was £4.25 !!! 

On Thursday morning after a visit to Sainsburys to restock we'll be heading for Hockley Heath. 

2 comments:

Halfie said...

Are those the moorings next to the under-building car park by the Sea Life Centre? Isn't there a noisy ventilation fan? That would have put me off.

No Direction said...

Yes there is a large vent with warm blowing out but we were the second boat along and didn't hear it.