No Direction

No Direction is our 70ft Narrowboat which is now home to my wife Jayne and myself, it was launched on 4th February 2008.

We spend the Winters in a Marina and cruise in the warmer weather.

Saturday 1 September 2012

A Morning at the Market.

Saturday 1st September 2012.
Moored at Penkridge.

The last time we visited Penkridge Market 3 or 4 years ago I seem to remember I couldn't wait to get away but today I really enjoyed it and, spent too much money as well.

We have a Karcher pressure washer and used to have an attachment for cleaning our block paved drive, when we move onto the water I gave the drive cleaning attachment away, never need that again, it was a dumb move as they're just the job for cleaning the boat roof, so for the last 4 years I've been borrowing it back, but today at the market there was a man selling pressure washers and he had the required attachment at a knock down price, so that was my first purchase. 

Excellent for cleaning the top of boats.

I also ended up with 2 pairs of shorts, a car touch up paint stick to repair a few scratches on my bike, a litre of Autoglym polish and five cheap paint brushes, Jayne bought some socks plus food for the weekend.

On our way back we bought bread and iced buns from Jaspers Bakery, wonderful, when you see the queue stretching out onto the pavement you know it's good.

Next stop was the Co op, and I saw something in there I haven't seen for years, Sterilised milk in the tall bottles, awful tasting stuff, didn't think it was still around.

Sterilised milk, it's probably ok until you try the proper stuff.

 

No comments: