No Direction

No Direction is our 70ft Narrowboat which is now home to my wife Jayne and myself, it was launched on 4th February 2008.

We spend the Winters in a Marina and cruise in the warmer weather.

Saturday 18 August 2012

Jobs Done This Week.

Saturday 18th August 2012.
Kings Bromley Marina.

As we're staying in the Marina for a couple of weeks it's an opportunity to get a few jobs done. First job was to paint the gas bottle compartment which had a bit of rust at the bottom. The loose rust was scraped off and the area wire brushed, then I applied  Rylards rust konverta followed by a coat of Zinc based anti corrosion primer and finally a coat of Bitumen paint, not the easiest place to apply paint but it had to be done.

The black hole where the gas bottles live.

While these various coats were drying I filled in with a couple of other jobs, one was to fit a 12v cigar lighter socket just inside the rear hatch so I can plug in the hand held spot lamp I bought from Midland Chandlers on Wednesday, handy to have an extra light for tunnels. 

Also handy if I decide to take up smoking.

The Brita filter got changed on
 the drinking water tap.

And the engine had new oil and filters and
the gearbox had an oil change.

Next week the weather looks drier for Wednesday and Thursday so the roof may get a coat of paint.

Next job tonight is to set off at 11pm to Weston Park in the car to collect our Daughter and partner who have been at the V Festival, plenty of bin bags to cover the back seats and carpets I think.
 
 

No comments: