No Direction

No Direction is our 70ft Narrowboat which is now home to my wife Jayne and myself, it was launched on 4th February 2008.

We spend the Winters in a Marina and cruise in the warmer weather.

Tuesday 14 August 2012

End of the Dandy!!!

Tuesday 14th August 2012.
Kings Bromley Marina.

No boating so I can babble on about something else.

It looks like the Dandy, which has been going for 75 years may soon be a bit of history, it's weekly circulation has dropped below 8000 and the publishers are deciding if it can keep going.

As a schoolboy I read all the comics including the Dandy but my favourite was the Beano, especially the Bash Street Kids, I also thought the Jellymen and their plans for world domination in the Beezer were a bit scary.

We're going into Lichfield today shopping, I bet you can guess what I'm going to buy.

2 comments:

Halfie said...

I, too, was a Beano fan...

Jim said...

Yep, The Beano for me too. Although my favourite was a comic called the Valliant (anyone remember it?) I got really upset when it got closed down and "merged" into some other title.