No Direction

No Direction is our 70ft Narrowboat which is now home to my wife Jayne and myself, it was launched on 4th February 2008.

We spend the Winters in a Marina and cruise in the warmer weather.

Saturday 25 August 2012

Alvecote Historic Boat Gathering.

Saturday 25th August 2012.
Kings Bromley Marina.

Today I was at Alvecote Marina for the boat gathering  (by car not boat) helping out with Nutfield and Raymond, plenty of Historic boats but not many visitors when compared with other events we attend.

Boats lined up at Alvecote.
 
The weather was ok until 2 o'clock when we had a torrential storm just as the boats were setting off for the parade, the storm lasted about 15 minutes which was enough to soak everything.

Nutfield during today's parade.

I'll be there again on Sunday, the event lasts three days but I think most of the boats will be leaving on Monday morning, weather forecast for Sunday looks ok, so perhaps there will be more people around.

No comments: