No Direction

No Direction is our 70ft Narrowboat which is now home to my wife Jayne and myself, it was launched on 4th February 2008.

We spend the Winters in a Marina and cruise in the warmer weather.

Friday 18 June 2010

Old Friends

Friday 18th June 2010
Whilton to Norton Junction
1 mile and 7 locks

Very cloudy today, I fancied some cereal for breakfast, so I wandered  over to Whilton Chandlery who have a few groceries on their shelves, I bought a small box of cornflakes, when I got them back to the boat I noticed that the 'sell by date' was 18 05 10, exactly 1 month ago, as I couldn't be bothered to take them back and as they were only dried produce, I made a start on the box, they tasted fine. 
As we finished our leisurely breakfast, a boat came out of Whilton Marina heading for the lock, what a surprise it was friends of Jayne's that go back to junior school days, they now own a narrowboat which they moor at Whilton Marina, we went up the 7 Buckby locks with them. Jayne and Hazel reminiscing all the way, when the hard work was done we moored up at the visitor moorings and all went for lunch at the New Inn.

Clive, who Jayne has known since the mid 50's


and his wife Hazel

 We have decided to stay here for the night, whilst Clive and Hazel go off up the Leicester Arm of the Grand Union.
It has rained most of the afternoon, and now are going to watch England play. Hopefully if the weather is OK we will be moving up to Braunston tomorrow.

No comments: