No Direction

No Direction is our 70ft Narrowboat which is now home to my wife Jayne and myself, it was launched on 4th February 2008.

We spend the Winters in a Marina and cruise in the warmer weather.

Saturday 23 February 2013

A Little Project to Ease My Problem.


Saturday, 23rd February 2013.
Kings Bromley Marina.

I can't handle cluttered things, boats/houses/cars, ( I should probably seek help ) but that's how I am and the older I get the worse I become.

Recently I've taken a dislike to the contents of the shelves behind both of our toilets.

 
One of the shelves, emptied, this ones at the rear of the boat.
 
So, what to do about it, answer, fit sliding doors. First I needed to locate some plastic guides for the doors to slide in, after wasting two hours of life in a B and Q warehouse store looking for some I eventually found it on Ebay where I should looked in the first place.
 
During the week Jayne called into a joiners and picked up some 4mm oak faced ply for the doors and a length of Opepe hardwood for the frame and after half a day sawing and glueing we now have sliding doors on the shelf in the rear toilet, I suppose it's a cupboard now it's got doors.
 
 
They are two separate sliding doors, the picture
doesn't show the overlap in the middle.
 
At first I bored 15mm finger holes to open and close the doors but then found a packet of four wooded knobs which I bought in Wilkinsons a couple of years ago and never used.
 
Sunday will see the shelf in the bathroom get the same treatment, I've already cut the plastic guides and wood to length so a couple of hours should see the job finished.


No comments: