No Direction

No Direction is our 70ft Narrowboat which is now home to my wife Jayne and myself, it was launched on 4th February 2008.

We spend the Winters in a Marina and cruise in the warmer weather.

Monday, 9 August 2010

A Bad Day

Sunday/Monday 8/9th August 2010
Moored in Paddington Basin
No Miles No Locks

Sunday. Poor Jayne had an a bout of food poisoning and was up being sick in the early hours of Sunday morning, so she stayed in bed, at about 9.30 a fuel boat came into the Basin, so I went out to have the tanks filled up, unfortunately after filling the tanks and paying for the fuel I went back inside the boat and found Jayne on the floor, she had got up to go to the Toilet and passed out.  Anyway to cut a long story short she is now OK, apart from feeling battered and bruised. (no damage to the boat !!!).
I had planned to cycle around the area this morning but that didn't happen, we just had a quite afternoon.

 Monday. Jayne is a lot better today, so after breakfast I cycled back to Little Venice with a bag of rubbish for the boaters bins and carried on down the Little Venice moorings, it was not as packed as I thought it would be which is good news as the mooring in Paddington where we are now are 7 days so we need to move off by Friday at the latest, we will try and get onto the Little Venice moorings as they are 14 days, so we can stay there until the 20th when we set off down to Limehouse, ready for the Thames. I shall miss these Posh moorings in Paddington as they have people who come round to sweep the jetties and give the stainless steel lights a wipe over, there are also security guards patrolling, just like being in the harbour at Monte Carlo. (I imagine)

Due to Jayne's M.S. the distance she can walk varies from day to day, for bad days we carry a wheelchair on the boat and today was a bad day so when we fancied a bit of fresh air it was out with the wheel chair, we didn't go far just round the local streets, back past the front of St Marys Hospital and down to Little Venice then back to the boat for a late lunch.

It's handy to know these things at my age.

This afternoon I gave the side of the boat a wipe over and ran the generator to charge the batteries. We may move to the 14 day moorings tomorrow if the wind drops as it has been blowing a gale this afternoon causing havoc with boats trying to get onto a pontoon, I don't know if it is really windy or just these high buildings the wind is funneling between.

1 comment:

Halfie said...

Sorry to read about Jayne's food poisoning episode - I trust she's a lot better now.

We'll see you at Limehouse then: we're doing the Thames cruises too (in a friend's boat). That's after a trip up the Lee and Stort.