No Direction

No Direction is our 70ft Narrowboat which is now home to my wife Jayne and myself, it was launched on 4th February 2008.

We spend the Winters in a Marina and cruise in the warmer weather.

Saturday, 17 July 2010

Itching to get moving again

Thurs/Fri/Sat. 15/16/17th July 2010.
High House Wharf to Weedon.
1 1/2 Miles no Locks

Thursday.  After a very stormy night we had more of the same during Thursday, I cycled the mile or so into Nether Heyford and found a "One Stop" shop for Milk and Bread ( Milk was 82p, ref last blog ) in the afternoon we just had a tidy up and I cleaned the boat roof, still very windy and occasional very heavy downpour, the caravan field opposite our mooring it now empty, Caravaning in high winds is probably worse that controlling a Narrowboat in the wind.

Friday.  We had decided to cruise back to Weedon today and moor on the disabled mooring by the road bridge as our friends Val and Pete were coming for a visit, bringing Jayne's prescriptions and our post, they arrived about 2 o'clock and after a coffee and chat we went to the Heart of England pub right next to the bridge for a meal as it was a Marstons Two for One job, we had a long wait for the food to arrive as they seemed short of staff, there appeared to be only one waitress serving, never mind the meal was ok and it was cheap, not the sort of pub we would choose for a quite drink but useful for a meal.

Saturday.  Last night wasn't as noisy as we had expected being so close to the road and the weathers improved a bit, the wind has gone that's the main thing.
So off we went to the Globe Inn for the R.B.O.A. AGM,( If anyone reading this blog lives on a boat or is considering it then visit their website or better still join ! ) . The meeting started at 11.30 prompt and all the usual AGM business went smoothly, we finished just after 1 o'clock and then had Lunch.
In the afternoon we were given a presentation and slide show provided by the Chairman and President of the Association of Boat Safety Examiners who showed us some scary slides of dangerous wiring, gas fitting and solid fuel stoves from boats that they had carried out safety checks on, it all finished at around 3.30.
No pictures on this blog which makes me feel a bit lazy, but there's not much around here to take pictures of, I had intended to look for what was left of the Weedon Royal Ordnance Depot which was once served by an arm from the Canal but time disappears quickly on a boat.
Things should improve next week when we will be heading off futher down the Grand Union Canal to Cosgrove for the Buckingham Canal Society Event on 24/25 July.

No comments: